User Tools

Site Tools


home

The Mission of SHAES
The Mission of the South Haven (Michigan) Area Emergency Services (SHAES) is to preserve life, limb and property through aggressive fire prevention, education and fire suppression. To provide the highest quality of emergency medical care with skill and compassion. To serve our communities with pride, integrity and courage.

SHAES News Updates

A New Ladder Truck in the Making

South Haven Area Emergency Services will be receiving a new ladder truck later this year! The chassis has been outfitted with the ladder mechanism in Pennsylvania and is now in South Haven at Spencer Manufacturing for final assembly. Ladder One will replace the 1986 Pierce Telesquirt Ladder. See Special Photo Gallery

Open Burning Information

The time of the year when outdoor open-burning increases is upon us. SHAES has created a web page that explains the responsibilities of citizens. Burning any material other than brush and vegetation is a violation of state and federal law. Permit Holders are responsible for the fire they kindle; you may be held liable for damages if your fire spreads. A burn permit may be acquired by calling: 639-FIRE (269-639-3473) Open-burn permits are not issued for properties in the City of South Haven. See Burning Permit Information

New SCBAs Serving SHAES Firefighters

SHAES first responders have put into service new self-contained breathing apparatus acquired through the federal Assistance to Firefighters program. A total of 73 SCBAs were obtained for SHAES and the Bangor Community Fire Department.

"New Life" for Engine One

After nearly four decades of service, SHAES Engine 1 is headed to a new “life” as an educational tool for students enrolled in the Fire Safety program of the Van Buren County Intermediate School District. The students enthusiastically accepted the 1980-model Pierce engine delivered by SHAES Deputy Chief Tony Marsala and Firefighter Keith Bierhalter. See more photos

SHAES Firefighters Make Canine Rescue

South Haven Area Emergency Services firefighters revived a dog who was trapped in a Casco Township home that caught fire on Thursday, March 16. The dog was found semi-conscious on the floor of a bathroom in the smoke-filled home. It was administered oxygen on the scene and rushed to a local vet for further treatment. The dog is expected to recovered. See Fox 17 Coverage / See WZZM13 Coverage / See Fox17 Followup Coverage

Citizen Fire Academy Underway

South Haven Area Emergency Services is conducting its Citizen Fire Academy. Participants are gaining skills that may save a life, along with having a better understanding of the fire department's capabilities. See Fire Academy photos

home.txt · Last modified: 2017/04/27 07:51 by tomrenner